Transition Week
School is out and I am exhausted. The kids have had me running in circles. Everyone is trying to get used to the new schedule. The DD is having to get used to sharing the house ALL DAY with his sister. The DD is having to get used to the fact that she doesn't rule the day. She is not used to having so much free time so I've tried to fill it up with classes and play dates. Today it took me 14 hours to get the breakfast dishes washed.
Next week we get to experience "violin camp". My friend Sally teaches strings at a swanky Montessori school nearby. She recruited me to lead the kids in crafts during the morning hours of camp for one week. Instead of getting paid; my kids get to learn how to play the violin.
Learning how to play the cello is on my personal list of things to do before I die. Except now I'm thinking about the viola because the idea of lugging a cello around is not so appealing as I get older.
DD is really good at math so I am hoping that this musical experience is inspirational for her.
The DS likes to play his guitar with his feet and walk on the piano. He will be playing a "cardboard box" shaped like a violin until he is a bit more gentle. Today, while touring the school a 5 year old boy was showing his "real" violin proudly to my DS. They were very serious and it was a sincere exchange. Quite human and polite.
J (5 yrs.) - Want to see my violin. (click, click) I just got it today.
G - yeth, ooh. it's nith.
J - I know how to play. Do you know how to play the violin?
Then they ran off and looked at the fish tank together.


|