Night Out on the Town
Yep. I'm up late blogging in bed. Without a cranky DH telling me how rude it is to be typing away while he is trying to enjoy slumber land. He's just arrived in Nashville for a conference and I've just arrived home from a Pink Martini concert. I'm a new fan. The show was fabulous! A musical trip around the world that makes me wish I new how to speak French, Italian, Spanish, Arabic...
plus it was my first time in Carnegie Hall made more special because it was Pink Martini's first time too. They were excited about performing at Carnegie Hall and I was excited about being an audience member. It was such a civilized experience compared to the outside world.
and check this out. another it's a small world encounter. It would be fun to actually meet Paloma Griffin (violin) was born and raised in Fresno, California. She is a fabulous violinist performing with Pink Martini. Check out her bio on the Meet the Band Page. Another Fresno creative person making things happen.
The evening began at the Stage Door Deli with the fast consumption of a Kevin Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich. We had to eat fast because we were stuck on the Helix for over an hour while eight lanes of traffic funneled into two lanes to birth us through the Lincoln tunnel into Lower Manhattan. The photo is blurry because no one really stops moving in the city...except for tourists who take photos of everything.
We did not have any famous people sitings but did enjoy reading the menu.
We arrive at our seats in the Balcony. This is my view at a comfortable neck position.This photo is blurry because I couldn't figure out the exposure.

I kept thinking of the Alfred Hitchcock movie Vertigo.
Seriously, I couldn't look down while standing up.







|