Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Tranquil Door

Made the first journey into the city to do some gallery hopping with the DS, my girlfriend Kris and her son, Jules.

We bopped around the Chelsea galleries with our boys slung on our backs. Much easier than strollers. They like to talk to us and ask questions about what we are looking at anyway.

My favorite quote of the day was provided by Jules.

"Mom, that man is naked."

(photo of portly unshaven man reclining on twin bed holding a cigarette. view outside of window in photo is of a slum.)

"Yes, he likes to be naked just like you."

I had to turn away because I was going to laugh out loud. Jules is three and only wears clothing when he has to.

We zoomed through a bunch of galleries. Went to the park and had a great time. Finished the day up with an icecream from a local bodega. Complete with patrons sitting outside smoking cigars and chatting. ( I wish I could have taken a photo of that scene for Lecram. But, I was chicken. How does a lady with a 3 year old slung on her back ask for a photo just so she can share it on a blog?)

But, I did get this photo of a very tranquil looking door. What city would you place it in?

It was about a 4 hour adventure including the driving. I'm looking forward to going again. Kris was an excellent guide.