Random Thoughts
Flax oil has become my new passion. I love experimenting with the nutty buttery flavor on salads, veggies and on POPCORN! Why didn't I think of this sooner? Excuse me while I wipe my omega3 filled fingers. The keyboard is getting slippery.
The Friday night family ritual includes a couple of bowls of hot air popped fluffiness, a kid friendly movie and an assembly of family members and pillows in the 'big' bed. Cozy.
crunch, crunch
Today was baby animal day.
While walking the daughter to school this morning we passed a baby bunny who looked totally overwhelmed by all of the children running hinter and thinter.
"Wow, look! It's a baby bunny."
"He's sooo cuute!"
"Guys, leave it alone. It's scared."
"How did it get in there?"
"Can it get out?"
"yes, it can get out. it's just trying to hide." (behind a chain link fence enclosure.)
The bell rings and all is quiet outside in the balmy morning.
We are going to assume that the baby bunny made it home okay after school began.
In other animal wildlife observances of the day,one of the baby birds hatched. Remember the nest on the wreath on my front door (at the bottom of the hole. silly song.)? Well, today I saw a little beak popping up over the edge of the nest. I haven't seen much of the Mama and Papa bird so I hope this little guy is going to thrive. DD posted a "Please Use Other Door" sign to keep traffic to a minimum at the front door. The baby was moving but not ready for a "close up" so I apologize for the lack of photos.
My babies are growing fast too. The DS likes to turn his tri-cycle and everything else he rides into a motorcycle. I also can't keep shoes on his feet this summer. I've spent more time chasing him down to wear his shoes while he's riding that 'motorcycle'. My favorite phrase he uses frequently is "I have strong musthulths (muscles).", complete with strong man pose and big man voice.
The DD only wants to play with her best friend and I am too boring for her to hang out with. Except for when I am going to take her to a play featuring her current favorite story book character, Junie B. Jones. She likes Magic Tree House book series as well.
Tomorrow is coming soon and my IKEA shopping high is starting to wear off. I found a new area rug for the laundry room for only $3.99. I think that was the bargain of the night in my basket. I also bought a self watering planter for $19.99. I have an edible pansy that I purchased last weekend that needs a proper home.
The herb gardening class that I've been attending on Friday mornings with the DS has been fun. My potted herb garden is growing outside the kitchen door and I've already had a chance to enjoy some of the harvest. Tonight's menu included grilled broccoli, potatoes baked on the grill, green beans steamed with Mexican Cilantro and garlic-pesto-chive hamburger patties. My non-meat eating DD ate three of the hamburgers.


|