Thursday, November 01, 2007

Sequins, Signs and Stuff

Yikes is it November 1st already!

Tonight I teach my inaugural "Bellydance Thru Pregancy" Class. Followed by a full dress rehearsal for the show Raqs La Majali is hosting in Sunday.

The costumes came out great. The kids had a fun time attending the Halloween events. It's been a week of Halloween all day and all night. I can't wait to throw out the candy. Sister went out three different times yesterday, all different neighborhoods. She spent the end of her evening winding down by sorting the candy. Lollipops and hard candy in one bowl, Hershey milk chocolate bars had a bowl all of their own. There was a chocolate category and another labeled "chewy things that I can't have because of my dental appliances." She was disappointed that her costume was the only homemade one in her class. Her classmates were planning on what characters they were going to make up for next year. They all admired her originality.

Rehearsals and sewing have taken up much of my time. Scrap fabric and sequins are scattered about the house. It feels good to have the costumes packed and ready to go. Rehearsals have been productive. We have a lot of new material and will get to preview our newest group number at the CMDE Cameo Concert on Saturday night. Sunday, I will be dancing with a tray of candles on my head for the first time in front of an audience. My chiropractor will be there and I'm a bit nervous.

Haven't slept much because of excitement about finally starting this new class. There isn't anyone signed up. There are a couple of RSVPs but I really don't know how many people to expect. Even if no one shows up I will still keep on with this because I had a couple of signs today that I was on the right track. Within the space of 30 minutes I spoke to two new ladies in my life who also share the passion of helping women through this phase of their life and both of them Doula's. One was still floating in bliss about attending her first drug free birth client.

on with the day.