Friday, November 23, 2007

Absinthe and Cool Points

I've been craving an Absinthe party. Life in the parent lane is quiet and crazy at the same time.

At a potluck party full of families a couple of weeks ago, I blurt out that I want to have an Absinthe party and all of a sudden the energy in the room gets a little burst. We are talking about something besides parenting and child development. I get a couple of cool points for actually knowing what Absinthe is.

Then yesterday, at the Thanksgiving table conversation wended from NOVA programs about termite killing ants into Absinthe. Again, I had the dubious honor of being the voice of experience. HA! I've only had Absinthe a couple of times. Each time the raised eyebrows and questions came. "You've had absinthe?" It's a nice reminder to my new friends here that I am more than just a Soccer Mom.

Looks like the Absinthe party is actually going to happen. As the list of willing participants is growing I now have a need to order some Absinthe. Any recommendations for a brand that first timers would enjoy? Is there a difference between the Red, Blue or Green?


Edit:
Why do I need to get drunk and experience an altered state of mind? To purge perhaps? My mind has been swimming in a variety of hormonal cocktails. There has been the Pregnancy Cocktail, The Baby Head Cocktail, The Nursing Mom Fog, The Sleepless Night Zombie, The Post Birth Blue Cocktail and forget about the PMS Slammers!...