Just and update
Yes, here I am back just in case someone missed me. Did you miss me?
I've missed me. After the big show I went down hard with bronchitis and laryngitis and the weather went cold and damp and well, I wanted to hide under the blankets for a couple of days to recover and remember what a normal life is. Actually, I love the process of rehearsals. The creativity pours out. Then you have to do it in front of an audience and it's fun especially when you have a fun crowd. The crowd was easy this show.
Now it's all of the picking of mistakes and I sometimes wish my mates were more supportive of that worked instead of picking at what didn't. But, hey we are artists and my family is always telling me that I am picking at them. Believe me I pick at myself the most. I suppose I need to learn how to be a nicer kinder person. But, I am a terrible liar.
So the update part. While being sick, I did not get the luxury of sitting under the covers and had to course on through all of the daily parenting and spousal stuff. Except for that one blissful Sunday morning where I slept all day in bed and watch "Fairy Tale Theatre" movies all day with my kids. Shelley Duval and friends really made a treasury of movies. They are so well crafted and easy to appreciate on so many levels. I'm still thinking about Mick Jager as the King in the "Nightengale". The director made wonderful choices in holding shots for effect. In this era of quick cuts it was refreshing.
ahh, now I'm off to referee a sibling battle. perhaps I shall let them duke it out to the death.


|