Wednesday, November 07, 2007

After the Show

Finally, on Sunday the show happened. Now it's over and I have my traditional bronchitis/laryngitis illness. Seems like I have to use a respiratory infection to justify some rest. There are plenty of things going on. But, I don't want to do them much.

The show went smashingly well. Happy customers and a full house means a happy venue owner.
Some memorable moments are;

4 dancers changing at the same time in a tiny closet of an office.

Having to ask the audience to "light my fire." when my fire to light the fire prop went out. thankfully, I was looking down when the fire went out. Maybe only a couple of people saw my initial panic.

Ancestors hiding costume pieces.

Dancing our hearts out and watching the audience have a great time.

A giant chocolate cake to celebrate our hard work after the show.

The feeling of accomplishment of mounting this show. It was truly and combined effort on all fronts.

Now, back to bed.