Eh Day
Love the energy and process of rehearsals. Hate the messy house. Big Daddy has been flat on his back with a sciatica. It is not so easy to give him sympathy when he is just sitting on his butt and not stretching or going to the chiropractor. Four weeks of him low functioning has depleted my reserves.
I so need a break. My mantra has become, " Breathe. Take a deep breath."
The show is coming together and yet again, the group is taking forever to get costumes together. We are doing something simple but the TIME. Seems like there is never enough and it seems that it's my turn to feel under the weather. A niggling headache is eating at my patience. The body just wants to sleep and rest.
warning....rant....warning....
This morning when I took out the trash I noticed a banner hanging from my neighbors house that reads, "Happy Halloween from the ____ Family." It's over the top. weird and I find myself offended by it. I have to deal with an explosion of blow up animated lawn ornaments all around. These things are just plain tacky and distract from the natural beauty of Fall. This crazy vapid run out and cover my manicured landscaping with orange and purple spider webbing is going too far. These people are Catholic! What does Halloween really mean to them anyway? Does anyone actually relate to the meaning of the season from any traditions around the world? Dia De Los Muertos? anyone? Samhaine? anyone? Simplicity? anyone?
In stark contrast I choose to celebrate the harvest season with a simple tableau of corn stalks, a bale of hay the selection of pumpkins that will soon become Jack-o-lanterns and some Indian Corn to adorn the door.


|