Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Click: Here is a photo for you

Here is a snap of DH and me together in the kitchen during the 50th Birthday Party. It's rare when we host or attend a party that we are actually in the same room together. We actually have fun comparing notes about the adventures of the evening. We were up until 5am comparing notes and sharing stories that night.

More than 50 people attended the party last weekend and the stories and reports are still pouring in.

One of my favorites is my girlfriend KdD was mingling and asking a couple of nice looking guys how they knew the Birthday Boy.

"Oh, Birthday Boy invests in our pie making company. Would you like a piece? It's the secret ingredient that makes it."

KdD accepts a piece of apple pie and thinks to herself. This is a very nice (probably gay) couple. "This is a great pie. What is the secret ingredient?"

"Butter" is the reply.

While KdD is sharing this story and I know immediately who the perpetrators of this joke are. Both are married to lovely ladies and I can't wait to see the "happy couple" again to tell them about the impression that they made!

In other news.

Had a fabulous conversations with a documentary film maker in NJ that I met through the blogosphere. The work in progress is called The Evolution of a Dad: A Documentary. I had nominated DH as an evolved dad and he wanted to talk with us as he's always looking for subjects for the documentary. Don't know if we'll be on film or not. But his message is one that we believe in and try to live. Turns out he and his family will be moving to our neck of the woods and I am hoping that it's the beginning of a lasting friendship.

The networking angels are working in high gear this week.