Sunday, March 02, 2008

Birthday Bash

Whew! Feelin' my wild side tonight.

DH had over 50 people come to his 50th birthday party. We cleaned, cooked a lot of food and everyone had a great time.

The house is totally trashed.

DH had a blast. He played some music with an old high school pal that rocked the guitar. E entertained with her accordian.

The balls of my feet are burning because I was stupid enough to dance barefoot on the carpet with one of my friends who I find out is a past professional ballroom dancer. I was totally like a kid in a candy store. Yay! someone to dance with who totally knows how to lead. Let's just say that I was breathless.

I was able to convince a few brave souls to share in a little absinthe and then the dancing began! It was a small party by then.

Sister and I put on Flamenco skirts and danced with our fans. That was fun to dance with my daughter. I was learning Flamenco dance when she was floating in my uterus so it's no wonder she was a natural! I'm a proud mama. She had the moves and the attitude!

It's interesting to learn things about your friends. I found a dance partner in crime tonight and had a blast with it. DH even learned a few good moves. DH danced better than he had ever danced!

The green fairy has gently slipped and it's time for me to go to bed. I shall enjoy the afterglow.