Quiet Day
Today is grey and dreary outside. I've been catching up on phone calls and getting all of those little "action" steps taken care of. I've started reading "Getting Things Done". Maybe I'll even finish reading the book! ha. and have a copy of "the 4 hour work week" to load into the MP3 player to motivate me while I multi-task, no links to these because I don't get any cash for mentioning them.) what else is on the done list today? Pay LLL membership, schedule and book API meeting location, call child support services and confirm that 'dad' is unemployed - again, have a phone meeting with my consulting client, fold laundry, play with my son, call brother and sister in law about my mothers mental health.
This last one has me a little down. I'm miles away from my mom and she needs some tests to determine if she is beginning the spiral into dementia. Family members need to go along with her and my brother is wishy-washy and evasive on the phone. Why can't he just say? " Thanks for doing the hard work and talking to mom and her doctor. I'll go to the visit and report back to ya." Sibling lives 20 minutes away and can easily take care of it. Is it selfish for me to not want to purchase a plane ticket for this task?
I've too many friends dealing with similar health care issues and see how drastically their lives are affected. The dis function in my family is why I have a buffer of a couple thousands of miles from them. I don't want to become entangled but do care about them and mostly am frustrated at my bothers seeming lack of caring. ugh.


|