Camera Phone Slice of Life
Okay so it's time to upgrade my phone , but go with me on this.
This is a corner of my kitchen. We walk by this calendar all day everyday. The wallpaper was chosen by the previous owner of the house and the kitchen remodel is currently in dream stage.
Exhibit A - the DPW calendar. This is the garbage pick up schedule. Very important to household waste management.
In my particular slice of the world the cycles of the seasons are marked by what is sitting out at the curb. Fall means piles of leaves are swept into the streets for leaf pick up days. Brother loves the days that the bulldozers and dump trucks show up to clean the streets. Summer includes Wednesday stick and twig and or grass clipping pick up and an additional garbage pick up day.
The days get ticked off one by one because it is important to note which week the paper recycling gets picked up. Every other week we set out the newspapers. The opposite week we drag the CM's or the CoMingle recyclables out to the curb.
Exhibit B is the calendar that I have come to depend upon. Clipped to the left corner is a brochure for a dream family vacation in Vermont and Sisters rec basketball team phone list. Tucked in the pocket in the back of the calendar are stickers and PTO reminder notes.
It's now the fourth year that I have ordered this one from FlyLady. I look at calendars that have nice pictures on them and consider buying them. Then the practicality of having to organize the four busy schedules of our family demands this one.
It's all part of a grand scheme to become a household MANAGER rather than a maid. I've been working with these tools for a while now from the point of view that they run my life. Now, I see that they are valuable tools.
The Calendar is blank and waiting for me to sit down and plan out the summer schedule. Yes, it is January and time to schedule camps and vacations.
As I look at this blank calendar it seems that I'm in a space to ask myself what goals to set for myself for the year.


|