Misc. Thoughts and Musings
Mangos intimidate me.
There is a mango sitting in the fruit bowl on the kitchen counter. It was included in the fruit and veggie box that I have delivered to our door. I'm not sure if it's ripe or over ripe. How do you peel this thing? How do you cut it to get the maximum fruit?
The Contrasts of my Life
I finally made it into the city for some dance lessons. It was refreshing to be in a class with a new teacher. The instructor had a good eye and fixed a couple of my personal bad dance habits. Things that I didn't really know I was doing. The class was worth all of the trouble.
Getting into the city involved the kid shuffle and a bit of commuter stress. Waiting in the freezing cold at a bus stop and rude bus drivers.
Stepping off of the bus in the "Big City" as it's called on Pinky Dinky Doo reminded me how different my life is in the Burbs. I landed during rush hour so got to experience the crush and rush of people.
My usual version of rush hour is when the 3:10 school bell rings and all the children pour out of the elementary school. The contrast of the quietness of my life and the rush of Big City were not lost on me. I'm not doing it justice here with my words either. The other thing that I noticed were men. There were men everywhere in suits. I felt like a foreigner in my own country.
It did give me a bit of insight to the DH's rythm of his day and why he is so cranky about commuting. It's not easy explaining to a three year old, "Sorry honey, I can't blah blah because I have to show up on time for the bus." Kids have a totally freer sense of time.
Sitting on the bus for an hour doing nothing was a challenge for me. I wasn't sure what to do with all of this "free" time. So I people watched and did some yoga breathing and tried to clear my mind.


|