Thursday, September 20, 2007

Time Flies

I've been off-line for a couple of days. It's time consuming this blog thing. But it's the only way to keep in touch with some of my favorite friends who live in incompatible time zones. Many of my friends would not appreciate a wake up call from me. Although, I really could use some friendly and familiar voices in my ear.

Feeling unsettled tonight. Should be in bed. eh, stop the "shoulding" all over myself.

I've been up to things fun and not so fun. Ended up in a fender bender on the Cross Bronx Expressway. I was stopped in traffic. Politely waiting my turn when BAM we were hit from behind. Brother was in the seat behind me, I hit my head and have whiplash. The gentleman who hit me did not get out of his car to see if we were okay and yelled at me for 3 hours while we were waiting for the police to not find us. The ambulance found us and we had an adventure riding to a nearby hospital in the Bronx. Brother, was terrific and patient. I had three anxiety attacks and can't sleep without nightmares. Oh did I mention that we were on top of a really high overpass (severe fear of heights here.) with wall to wall 18 wheelers going by?

Let's see...the time line; rear ended at 3pm. Ambulance arrives at 5:30pm. DH and savior friend arrive at hospital with my recovered auto at 8:30pm. Check out of emergency room at 9:15pm and arrive home at 10:30pm.

A trip to the chiropractor the next morning fixed us up and informed us that when you are hit from behind and surprised by it, a 5 mile an hour bump can cause an injury equal to injuries at higher speeds. So there mister meanie who had no respect for a person in pain with a small child in the back seat.

Brother stuck up for me though. "Stop, yelling at my Mommy." Heard from the back seat nearly put me in tears and then Mr. Meanie guy had the audacity to accuse me of smiling.

The selfish a#%#$% had no compassion!

I still can't believe that I had to go through this experience. I've experienced major anxiety, depression, anger...a whole bunch of other dark feelings and feel violated, mistreated and stupid.

I'll try to post some photos of the fun things sooner than later.