Friday, September 07, 2007

da count::pleasure



This last week had us busy outside tending to the landscaping. The photo above is the old "native plant habitat" what the DH called a bunch of weeds... tilled, turned, plucked of rocks and roots, fed and edged in a simple brick. These 100 bricks felt full of life in the hands and the variations of the colors from the firing are beautiful. Time working side by side the DH was nice too. We got into a rhythm and the work though hard...flowed easily.

Looking forward to Springtime with this little plot of dirt. A combo Butterfly and Herb Garden are in it's future.




and school started... Sister is so excited for third grade that I can't stop her long enough for a photo. The back pack is stuffed with supplies and a homework assignment that the teacher mailed out over the summer. She is happy in her head to toe pink ensemble.








After waving good day to Sister, Brother and I spent the rest of the morning digging in the dirt. We planted 3 mums and 2 Autum Joys! He dug the holes like a little man and asked, "What are roots?" when I said that the holes needed to be deeper to hold the roots of the plant. He left all of the clean up to me. The television with his "little boy shows" called to him.

I shared my happy gratitude for his help over a lunch of bananas and pb&j sandwiches. He replied with the most cheerful and heartfelt, "My pleasure, Mommy."

Today, I am counting pleasures that make me feel grounded.


dacount