Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Coconutty


The dining room table has become covered in my paper clutter. I've abandoned the office upstairs because E's stacks of papers are overtaking the room and it's become depressing up there. So here I sit with a snifter of Malibu Coconut Rum enjoying the sweet aroma and wondering which project I should address first.

The clutter of papers around me represent a bunch of projects begun and not finished. Drum roll please....and in no particular order the half completed projects on the table are;

1. Create self promo packet for Pre-Natal Fitness Class

2. Fill out application to teach Bellydance at a community center

3. Fund raiser project for the Attachment Parenting group

4. Finish leadership application for AP

5. Create Email blast to promote events this weekend.

6. Synch show music to MP3 player. Create choreography to afore mentioned music. Show in 4 weeks?

7. Open that CD of photos of me in bellydance costume for promo packets, webpages and other self promotion. I am so chicken! I don't want to look at photos of me. I'm too critical of myself and I need to get over it. Perhaps I can get some advice from Barry about the whole me centric me thing. Let me practice. Me me mememememe me. Nope. Still not ready to face myself in photos.

8. Police report. Have to fill out that thing and the rest of the insurance paperwork.

9. There is a scattering of CD's on the table. I wonder if they are related to a project that I finished or need to work on???

10. Class room phone list. Need to update the emergency call list. People have too many phone numbers these days. One parent gave me three numbers to reach them at.

11. There is a misplaced contact number that I have to find and somewhere in this mess....

12. Halloween Costumes to create. This is going to be fun. Sister and Brother wanted to be super heroes and now the entire family is in on it. Sister is going to be "Super Sister", Brother's moniker will be "Wonder Brother", Dad gets to be "Yucky Man" which is a character that he has been developing for a couple of years. Me. I get to be "Marvelous Mom". I might even make the logo to read, "Mahvelous Mom". Sister has a note book with sketches of each of our costumes what our super powers are and some character description. Maybe we'll even have a mini-one act created by the time it's all done.

Breathe

Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil has become my new favorite cooking oil. It makes everything into comfort food and the smell of it reminds me of Lecram's kitchen. Home sick moment.

I'm missing just being one of the many nutty people. Or am I missing looking like the normal person in a bag full of nuts? I love my nutty friends. You keep me sane.

the nutty image is courtesy this site. i courteously recommend a look see and a purchase.