Home Assistant Needed
Every corporation has job descriptions. How then am I wrangling with all of the demands of wife and mother, make that a work at home wife and mother so now I have exponentially more job titles duties and responsibilities but make no salary. I want a raise in status and economic compensation.
House Manager Assistant Needed
Active family needs someone who is organized to help coordinate schedules, file papers, fill out paperwork.....
ugh, the piles of paperwork that are piling around me! So much to keep organized. The calendar is jam packed this month and I'm already scheduling things for December! um I better go write that down on the Master Calendar.
Good thing I did that. Otherwise a conflict could arise.
Alas, I've had to miss a couple of soccer games because of rehearsals. However, I have made a fabulous "Super Sister" costume skirt. Can't wait to get the rest of the Halloween costume made. There are two capes, two sets of super hero type boots to make and t-shirts to emblazon with logos. Every year Big Daddy looks at the price of costumes and says, "I can't believe what they are charging! In my day, blah blah blah"
"Let's make the costumes together." I say. "It will be a nice family bonding tradition." I figure, I have a sewing machine, it's a one day wear so the costume doesn't have to be high quality. Bah ha ha, we are up to three Halloween related events and yes I have already sent regrets to three other invites. Costumes must be a bit more substantial. Plus, the costumes for sale are not the cheap plastic mask and plastic imprinted drape of my day.
Then costume making falls upon my shoulders, the anxiety the sweat the sleepless nights. Every year I dream of co-creating with my family. The blissful dreamy frame of coming together around a common project. The happy stories to share years later. Vaseline lens dreaminess.
Melt into impatience and frustration. I'm tying to figure out a pattern and Big Daddy is reading his Nation somewhere private. Brother wants to drive the sewing machine and Sister is at the other end of the dining room table making a costume for her American Girl Doll and whines profusely each time I need her body to make measurements. All the while the dirty bathrooms and all of the OTHER HOUSEWORK that needs my attention verily chides me. The bathroom is getting dirtier the toilet mocks. The floor is stickier, the kitchen chants. I really need an assistant.
It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't feel the pressure of having to have the house immaculate and dinner hot upon the arrival of Big Daddy. He keeps saying that he is supportive of my projects but I am not feeling it in his actions. He's also like a viper, the second something gets his dander up he is all over me for the mess that the house is in. I really want to say, "you can clean too." but I get the standard "I'm at work all day." speech and it's a nasty and fast spiral into "You are a mean insensitive poopie head." kind of fight. Honest, I really am not sitting around all day. There is a calendar to fill, a pantry to keep stocked, butts to wipe, mouths to feed, minds to stimulate, paperwork to do, laundry, mail well you get the picture.
I have enjoyed our Family Super Hero Character Development sessions and the Dollies costume is adorable, hand sewn cape and dress accessorised with tinfoil tiara and boots. It looks like the Mahvelous Mom costume will have to pass this year so that I can get my show costumes made and ready.


|