Family Health Initiative Phase 1
I've talked my family into trying a kind of detox program of eating this week. DH gave me great whining and kaveching about the fact that he can't drink coffee all week long. DD was afraid that I was going to take her mac and cheese away FOREVER and started to cry...
After much bitching I mean discussion, the family came to a compromise. We are doing a five day phase one instead of the prescribed nine day.
We will be trying the "Fat Smash" diet. This week is phase one. It will be interesting to see how everyone does.
It means that I will have to be more creative in preparing foods.
I was getting lazy anyway. DD (Dear Daughter) lunch box was beginning to be filled to often with convenience foods like the prepackaged cheese and crackers, cereal bars and what ever else I could find with one eye open in the morning.
Bye-bye, sugar and carbs....until we meet again.
edit 1
The DH called at 10am asking if a pretzel was "allowed" during the detox phase. Did he not hear? No carbs for a week. I know it sounds militant but it's only 5 days!


|