Eh
Finally, the baby is asleep and I, instead of doing "productive" housework decide to blog. I figured out how to add the blogroll onto the sidebar. Yay for me. I did it without calling any of my favorite geek friends.
I've been wanting to make my blog look better and be more entertaining. All in due time. I have to learn coding and get the camera back from the baby...
Which brings me to...why I use the DH (Dear Husband) and other shorthand. I'm not sure about posting photos of the kids on the web. I do want to keep my kids safe from the "predators" but, on the other hand I do want to show my friends my new world. Please comment on this if you have thoughts.
This week is a crazy week getting ready for recitals and shows.
The stage is calling me again and I have made some friends in the bellydance world that exists in NJ. Sunday, will be a preview performance of "La'Majali" A World Fusion Dance Experience. Four women have converged from around the globe bringing their varied dance backgrounds together to hit the stage with exciting choreography, fabulous costumes and...okay we have one dance that we all know as a group, but it's a beginning! A website is in the works and everything.
Today, I'll take Izabella out of school early so that we can get her dressed in her recital costumes for Picture Day. They really know how to get parents to spend money on their kids at this studio. We had to purchase tickets for the recital, dance costumes, photos, professionally produced dvds....bye bye dollars..
She is not looking forward to getting dressed and posing for photos at all. She reminded me this morning that she is only doing this for me. She's only 7?
I think she is a very talented dancer. Not only because I'm her mom either. I just didn't want her to quit without ever having the full experience of preparing for a show etc. She's always been around it but this time I get to be in the audience while she is on stage. We made a deal. She has to finish out this year before she could quit.
At least Izabella does like her art class. She gets to go play with clay on Thursday's after school.
Tonight, I have an interview that I am nervous about. I can't find my resume. Packed in a box somewhere. I haven't had a job that I actually got paid for in such a long time. I used to have "career goals" had it all mapped out in 2, 3, 5 and 10 year plans. Eh, I digress.
The job seems pretty cool. Right up my Rogue alley. Promoting a show for a non-profit org called the Center for Modern Dance Education. It's a part-time/temporary gig. I am curious to see what roads it takes me down. Maybe even some extra pocket change. I miss making money.


|