Afternoon Delight

Eric took the day off from work yesterday to attend to a couple of things. He had to take his convertible to the auto body shop to get an estimate on the dented side panel. Yes, he's fine.
It was only a side swipe crash and dent with a large truck while merging onto the GW Bridge (that's George Washington for all you on NYC dwellers) during the morning commute.
After the auto body shop he did a little work on his thesis, a couple of little Mr. Fix-it home projects and by the time the baby was in bed for the mid afternoon nap he was trying to work me up for a little afternoon quickie.
I picked yard work instead. The sun was shining after a week of rain and we had a full hour to do some clean up work. I had a great time. (Eric did too. He said so.) Most of the yard work by me, myself and I, while wrangling two active children. Having quiet, productive and companionable time. THIS was my afternoon delight.
photo credit: About Our Enchanted Garden / Cheryl Binstock


|