Saturday, April 29, 2006

Saturday Morning

Ahh, it's a Saturday morning. I look forward to it. No, hang on by the end of my fingernails on Thursday and Friday is more like it.

Saturday morning I can sneak into the office/guest room and catch up on the blogs. The DH entertains the kids by taking them on an early morning bagel run.

Being at home by myself with the children is grating on me. The question posed most often by my 7 year old, "Mommy, what can I do now?" I've begun answering with suggestions like, take out the garbage, mow the lawn and cook dinner. The 1 and 1/2 year old pulls on me and points, think Lassie, then I have to follow him at figure out what it is he's wanting to communicate. This morning I figured out that he wanted his slippers on his feet.

I just need a weekend off. I wish the kids could stay overnight at a relatives house for just one night. Except my family all lives in other states. The inlaw's are too old and the other Aunt and Uncle decided to be a childless couple.

So, what's on the docket today? Floor mopping, baby feeding...will have to find something fun to do.