Late Night Panic
Me: "I'm tired and ready for bed."
He: "The boy just fell asleep. He's been tossing around for an hour."
Me: "Okay, I'll check on some things on the computer and come back in a couple of minutes."
He" "ZzzzzzZZZzzzz"
Three hours later and here I am. Today was very full. We hosted the family Easter Brunch. Complete with 4 different kinds of quiche, roasted veggies, fruit, salad and croissants. Don't forget the coffee and mimosas, the egg hunt, the traditional game of 'dippy egg' and apple pie. It was a very suburban.
Dippy Egg is a funny game where the kids bash the hard boiled eggs against eachother to see who's is the champion egg. The champion egg does not crack and there can be more than one champion egg in a round. I'll be eating a lot of egg salad next week.
While researching some artistic movements for inspiration to design a 45 anniversary year invitation and t-shirts for CMDE, I ran across this image titled, "Antarctic Suburban Outpost" 2006 by Camille Rose Garcia she's listed in the wikipedia as a lowbrow artist.
The irony of the image and the title struck a chord in me. I laughed and cried at the same time. This is how I've been feeling in suburbia in my second floor office overlooking the wintery back yards of my surrounding neighbors. I don't like the climate here or the isolation that suburbia offers. If you aren't on the 7AM bus to the city forget it.
I should be designing a t-shirt...the ideas are swirling in my head but none feel right just yet. But, I need to get proofs out. Ug. I just have to sit an focus on getting some work done.
But, there is the book that I need to read for my parenting bookclub meeting on Thursday, then there is that article that needs to be finished, the paypal account that needs to be set up for the API group, dental surgery...
Yeah, it's time to take care of that impacted wisdom tooth. Everyone laughs in amazement when I tell them that I have a wisdom tooth growing in. Most everyone has them extracted at the age of 18. The swollen cheeks and looks of misery made me happy that my orthodontist said that my wisdom teeth would never show up. What is the irony of a crooked wisdom tooth?
My exercises with the artists way have shown me some of my creative time wasters. I skipped out of the one week of reading deprivation kicking and screaming, "How am I to function with out reading."
The week after I had my tantrum I noticed that everytime I picked up a paper I had to read it. I've been coming to realize that I spend time reading junk mail, the article in the paper as I am cleaning the table, blogs, email and junk email. I am getting close to admitting something....I am so afraid of it that I have no words for it.
I think I am going to go cold turkey for a week on emails and blogs. I will not be reading or responding to non-essential email. So there. I'll be back in a week to share the trials, tribulations and revelations. Yeah, I just made up my mind. I'll try this for a week and see if I can regain some controll over my reading addiction.



|