Wednesday, July 02, 2008

all a flurry...

Life is all a flurry and full of fun and sun and thunderstorms around here. It's been hazy and hot summer. I haven't been a good blogger because I haven't had the time to even check email. The grass er...weeds on the lawn grow taller whilst I type here. I should be out mowing and trimming bushes. I'll have to schedule a sculpting day...

The OWL training was life changing. I came back from that weekend a changed person, it was such and intense weekend. I had to team teach a lesson about masterbation...go ahead and giggle if you must.

Then I had the pleasure of showing a slice of my world to Jaguar who was on the East Coast traveling with his Dad. I even got to meet Vita and very lovely conversationalist he is. Jag and I drove into the city to meet his friend Devora for dinner at a charming Italian restaurant. We drove around the city in the convertible with the top down. It was fun to drive through Times Square with the top down.

I have to learn how to say "no". Except that someone offered me some money to do crafts with kids for a couple of hours in the morning for the next couple of weeks. It's a short gig...maybe I could offer myself a payment to get my website up and running...

And I have a check sitting on my bureau for a business card design that I need some more information for. This is the first time that I have been paid before the project has begun. I mean, I haven't even accepted the project and there is a check on my dresser. hmmm. Not sure what to make of that.

I continue with the beautification of my personal universe. My three years long search for some fabric to recover the dining room chairs ended yesterday. I found some remnants that I liked and they sit next to me. Yet another project on the pending list. But a little bit closer to being done. Sheesh, three years to find some fabric to cover some chairs. Sure, I had to be cheap about it. But why take so long to make a decision!?! There aren't many fabric stores easily accessible around here and I didn't want to pay $65/yard. Seriously, I found a fabric last year that I loved but when I saw the price tag...thank you very much...I had to pass.

I've decided to become the rebel lawn in the neighborhood. Currently the lawn is full of clover. I am now looking for some buttercup seeds and some other low growing meadow grasses. It's fun to have the birds and bees and bunnies using the lawn. Except that the bunnies really enjoyed eating my sunflower seedlings. I hope my tomato and bean plants go okay. I finally got all of the seedlings into the ground. I believe that I need to begin the seedlings in February to really get a good garden going. Next I have to figure out how to get rid of the slugs and figure out how to get rid of the rust on the crab apple tree and the day lilies.

Peace and hope y'all have a great Fourth of July.