Seeds are Sprouting
Wormwood
Artemisia absinthium
The seeds are sprouting around my garden and other projects are making progress ...
Tuesday afternoon was so blissful that it verged on orgasmic. I wandered through a favorite gardening store and purchased many beautiful plants and a pot for the Meyer's Lemon tree that DH has purchased this past winter in a fit of nostalgia for the Fresno backyard. The lemon blossoms did smell lovely. But I digress. It was orgasmic because I spent 4 consecutive hours having fun without having to rush off to be anywhere else. I experimented with floral arrangement and have some beautiful herb pots and hanging flower baskets to show for my time.
This has become the year of waiting no longer. Why did I wait 9 years to have a strawberry pot with strawberry plants growing out of it? I love how that pot looks on my porch filled with green plants, delicate white flowers and the beginnings of fruits.
And well, the wormwood plant...when I saw that...total impulse buy. My designer make the world a more beautiful place side of me was having a ball arranging flowers in the hanging pot. I'll see if that sweet potato vine really trails like they said it would. The scientific side of me enjoyed mixing the potting soil and adding the right amendments so that the roots, leaves and fruits would be happy.
Next, the sculptor in me will tackle the challenge of pruning the meyer lemon tree. The DH was most pleased by the pot that was chosen as the home for his precious tree. Small accomplishments they are. But, I love the satisfaction of walking into the kitchen door and passing the potted plants with all of their beauty. I also enjoy watching the kids explore the tastes and smells of the herbs. The oregano plant stopped Sister in her tracks and the chocolate mint provided a taste sensation that inspired some mint mashing into soda water.
Other news is that Brother is riding a two wheeler. Yes, I am going to brag because I can. He is only THREE years old. He'll celebrate his fourth birthday in July but still. He's been riding for about a month now and he makes it look like he's been doing it all his life.
The entire family went on a weekend retreat with a bunch of other families from the Ethical Culture Society. In a nutshell, we had a blast and all grew a bit. The kids did what kids are supposed to do. Get dressed and go out and play with their friends. We mostly saw them at the dining hall during mealtimes.
I had the unexpected pleasure of a child free outing to see a beautiful sculpture garden called Pacem in Terris. Built reverently by the artist and philosopher Frederick Franck.
There was a giant cut out of a hand and I surprised one of the people that I was strolling around the garden with by walking through the sculpture instead of around it. Why not walk through it if you can right?
Other projects are sprouting as well....BellyMama's class is going to get a home soon at one of the local hospitals. Note to self...work on that website. Next Fall I'm going to be a Sunday School teacher. I can hardly believe that one either. Don't Sunday School teachers have to be boring? Not me, I'm going to teach the teens. Just bigger toddlers right?
Then later this month I head off to OWL training and the API Leadership Application is getting closer to the end...and the big one is that I am going to go train to be a postpartum doula. The entire process is going to take a couple of years but, it's on that same list as the strawberry pot. Something that I've been wanting to do for a long time. It's been simmering in the back of my mind as something that I can do. Professional Nurturer. That is going to be my new title.



|