Summer Stretches
It's been a big growing week here in quiet suburbia. The lawns are mowed, last day of summer day camp attended....
Brother had a swimming lesson yesterday and is very pleased about putting his face in the water and swimming under water.
Sister made a really cool drawstring back pack with some of her time at camp. She stitched it by hand! I want one for myself. She is very good with her hands in working small details.
For me this week it was finally going to weight watchers. It's time to get rid of this last 20 lbs. It was a bit embarrassing being the smallest person in the meeting room. But, hey, I'm stuck, I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for the last year. It's time to go to the next level and take care of myself.
Then I had a meeting with a potential client couple Friday night. The universe gives back quickly sometimes. I am scheduled for post partum doula training in a couple of weeks and this couple is due at about the same time I am scheduled for classes. The information was passed on to me by a friend who is a birth doula. I've been sharing with her my excitement about doing the course and she knows that I have to meet a certain number of training hours. Love that network. It's a nice treat when it works for me. Usually, I am connecting people and networking others. I didn't expect to be selected but they liked what I wrote in the email. Yay, me. I can express myself clearly.
Forced myself to get over the fear of going into the city by myself. Those narrow highways are downright scary at high speeds. And I am always afraid about getting lost. But, I took the convertible and drove with the top down and enjoyed the Summer night air and full moon. The meeting went well. It would have been nice to have someone to meet and have a drink and explore a new neighborhood with to celebrate. I just went home after and tried to get a good night sleep.
Next up...
Grandpa is flying up from Florida for a visit and Brothers birthday party needs to be planned. Websites and blogs need to be created/updated.


|