News from the Burbs

Projects are piling up on my desk. Some are volunteer and some are not.
But first - My sister and I drove down to Washington DC to see the Cherry Blossoms in full bloom. It was perfect weather. Not too hot and not too cold. The wind was a bit gusty for the kite festival on Saturday but we did get to see many sites. At the end of our touring days we were welcomed home at our Aunt's condo in Arlington, VA with a huge home cooked meal. It was fun to play on the paddle boats in the Tidal Basin, walk around and see the sites with the kids making memories. Brothers favorite was eating ice cream in the Sculpture Garden. Sister worked on her sullen teenager face for photos.
Working on t-shirt designs. Email blasts. Coordinating and PR for a Turkish Gypsy workshop. I am very excited to finally be hosting one of my personal friends. This is a dream of more than 10 years. He is such a fabulous instructor! and I finally get to share his talents with some of my friends.
I am getting ready to host a Blessingway for one of my best mom friends. My Gypsy/Priestess side has been having dreams and is looking forward to guiding a good group of friends through a special experience in support of a new baby on the way. The Gypsy/Priestess is really looking forward to expressing herself. She is a little nervous because she has been hanging out silently for a while on the sidelines and is a bit afraid of not being accepted.
The school PTO is having their big fundraiser party tonight. I wonder what fabulous prizes we will win this year? I'm working on creating an Earth Day Festival with the PTO. Yay, I get to share some knowledge about conservation with my neighborhood.
And, the Festival Committee at the Ethical Culture Society has recruited me to help create a play in an hour. I have to read through a script and figure out what kinds of costumes we can make in a survival play style. "All you get is tape a paper plate and a roll of toilet paper. Now make costumes and sets. You have one hour to prepare. Now go."
This will be much easier than finding all of the equipment needed to outfit sister for softball. She was quite dismayed that only pink gloves were available in her size. She is so over pink.
A big decision has been made - I have selected a name for my prenatal class. BellyMamas. I'm developing a yoga-bellydance fusion pre-natal exercise class. The domain name has been purchased. Some midnight oil will be burned to develop a website. I get to demo BellyMamas at a Health Fair mid month.
And somehow I have to figure out how to get the yard prepared for seeding and feeding. I have desires to build beautiful gardens. However, there is a couple of more years of tearing out old overgrown bushes. We have to do the work on weekends ourselves, unless someone would like to gift me with a dream landscape and send some hunky guys to do it whilst I sip lemonade in a sun hat.
Life is busy and exciting.


|