Thursday, October 26, 2006

Punkin' Pie

The entire house smells like pumpkin pie.

The coop veggie box had a cheese pumpkin in it. Made about 5 pies from it so far and not a single one tasted like the other. I so enjoy not measuring. Seriously, I enjoy mixing the spices and seeing what happens.

I've been in the kitchen all day. Baking brownies for two of the three Halloween parties that DD is attending. There will also be two costume changes. One party isn't allowing scary costumes due to the fact that the children are mostly pre-schoolers. The first costume will consist of some combination of articles from the "dress up box". The second will be the scary costume. She chose to be a skeleton bride this year.

DD being in second grade is now "way" over dressing up like a princess. I am jumping up and down inside about it because I get to be creative with the scary makeup. My artistic self takes the small opportunities for expression when and where I can get them.

I must be feeling more settled in to the new digs because I volunteered to be the treasurer for the Attachment Parenting group that I attend. The "yes" was out of my mouth before I really thought about it.

Besides baking this last month my other entertainment has been watching Dancing with the Stars. I wasn't sure at the beginning of the season if the show would be too interesting but I am now hooked. The costumes, the drama, learning new things about dancing...as a bellydancer who has danced solo and in troupe; I have to confess that I am not the best at dancing with a partner. I would love to learn how to do ballroom. It is on the Big List of things to do once.

What has hooked me, besides Mario's dimple and hot dancing, is that I find myself inspired by the "stars" various styles in meeting the personal challenges when going beyond their comfort zones.

You lucky Fresburgians will get to see the Dancing with the Stars Tour in your town.

But, I do get free tickets to The Color Purple. Yeah, they are for Halloween night so my sister will most likely get to use them since I'm already committed to handing out sugary treats to children dressed in scary costumes. I'll get to see a Broadway show yet!

Having my sister living here has been great! She started a job this week and it's lonely without her around during the day. She has about 6 jobs lined up and is trying them out to see which one she likes best. She is also learning all about commuting into Mid-town. Experimenting with bus routes one day, trains the next. It makes for a long day when work starts at 7am.