Pro Motion
This is the reason for the inconsistant posts. I've been busy creating graphics to promote a dance show entitled Hip Hop and B*Yond featuring Hip Hop, African and Modern Dance performances.
It seems that dancers never tire of the "This dance is similar yet different to that one. See, how this one is related to that one?" and "Did you know that this form of dance evolved from that one?" I hope that audiences still find it interesting. It's so cliche.
Confession; I still find it interesting. I watched a fantastic documentary on PBS about the roots of the Mambo and Salsa a couple of weeks ago.
Shameless plug: These banners are available for stealing if you are so inclined. Just click on the artwork and you will be directed to the website. Click on Banners in the menu.
CMDE is a gem of a studio. There are people dancing, teaching and working there that remember taking classes there when they were kids who are now bringing their children in for classes.
Promoting this show has been an education in the world of promoting the arts in a very sophisticated media town. 
This is just a tiny piece of artwork that I created. Have to confess that I am pretty happy with the final postcard art. Which is an amazing feat because I've looked at, tweaked and manipulated the art file for countless hours. It does feel good to still like it after all this time.
CMDE is sponsoring the show with funding from the National Endowment of the Arts.
Bringing the laptop to bed with me is dangerous. Conan O'Brian is now keeping me company, the DH is snoring away.
Must get beauty sleep. Much Halloween Party fun tomorrow.


|