Wednesday, October 18, 2006

No Motion but Moving Fast

Nothing interesting to report. Just checking in. Baby is currently napping. DH is home from school and running amock with a friend.

Actually, I've been re-living why I don't like graphic design. Nothing ever gets out to film like I see it in my head. I do enjoy playing with colors, communicating a feeling through images etc. It's been a horrible week of back and forth between the printer to output some simple films. It's a new relationship and I didn't know his equipment very well. It's always bumpy in the beginning. Fortunately, the rep is a good person and slogged through it with me.

Sigh. I decided to take a consulting job a couple of months ago and well, while I really enjoy doing PR and coordinating a project, I am discovering that I can't be the all things to all people and I really am a people pleaser and if I think that I've disappointed someone in just the tiniest little way I am going to run and hide and am a coward about returning phone calls. I spend so much time worrying and usually it turns out to be nothing!

Thesis update - it's almost finished. DH is in full panic mode. He had to pay someone to work the statistics on his data and they didn't do it right. We are talking about a $3,000.oo fee and the information is incorrect! There is good news; one class out of two is revalidated or audited or whatever it's called and he has one signature on the thesis. These things sound really unimportant but when he got the good news I got really good sex that night. So we'll take it.

Weaning and whining update - I'm working on a new strategy to wean the baby. I'm drinking Sage tea and hearing the word "Yuck". The nursing sessions are shortening. It's a surprise situation for me. I'm pro-nursing but would never judge someone for not nursing or extended nursing. Each to his own. I just thought that he would be done before I was and I'm having to cope with emotions that I was not mentally prepared for. Like running from my child when he needs me. Thankfully, my sister is here and not employed yet so she helps out mucho.

Something grown up - I get to go into The City on Monday to attend a seminar about email marketing strategies. I'll wear grown up clothes commute on the bus and everything! It will be like going into familiar but foreign world. I've never ridden "the bus" to work before. I've always been a driving type of commuter. It will really feel like city living to me. What will I read on the bus? Most likely a bellydance magazine.