Saturday, September 13, 2008

"I'm All Caught Up"

Holy Cow! School started again and the mad rush to be productive as well. I've put some miles on the pedometer getting kids to classes, after school activities as well as dealing with the bustle of preparing for my own classes beginning.

I'm taking a break from preparing my Sunday School lesson. It's pretty easy as long as I don't have to teach them anything....I'm still not sure what I am teaching them this year. Too much for me to plan. Last week was the first week back and they do want to go on a lot of field trips. One place in particular is a tour of a jail. I'm not sure what the allure of a jail tour is. Other suggestions were to do some volunteer work by visiting a nursing home or delivering toys to kids in the hospital.

I get to spend my Sunday mornings with some very thoughtful young people ranging in ages 11-15 years. A stark contrast to the group sitting upstairs listening to the platform. I always felt like the kid in that room.

Sister is playing the violin at school and has to be at school for lessons at 7:30 am three days a week and Brother began pre-school three days a week. I thought that I was going to have all of this "free" time to catch up on things.....(sigh) but the time is eaten up with driving and gigs. I'll see what I can get done. It feels like I am never going to catch up.

A friend told me to try saying, "So Much Time and So Little to Do." and "I'm ALL caught up."
They feel like ridiculous sayings....but, if I say it over enough I may begin to believe it and relax and enjoy the moment.