Sunday, July 08, 2007

104 degrees, Poking and Pondering

Yeah, that was the temperature reading from my DS. He came down with a mysterious fever that had no other symptoms. Dad made us all go to the ER this afternoon. My poor little guy all he wanted to do was sleep and the nurse had to take the rectal temperature twice, make him drink some tylenol and motrin and then the phlebotomist came in to take some blood. Then there was the ER Pediatritian that he didn't like checking his breathing and poking his belly.

The fever broke an hour after we left the ER and he was back to his chatty self.

The daughter and I went to get pedicures this evening and then we all went to see the charming rat movie. The Gman was done with the movie after an hour. He said it was too loud. He is sensitive to sound I am discovering. We hitched a ride home with the S family who had met us there. It was fun to go out to a movie and see something on the big screen. We've become the netflicks family and watch er, fall asleep to whatever movie. So sometimes have to watch a movie over the course of 4 days or so.

Since we have to wait the obligatory 24 hours to be free of possible contaigion from a fever we are not allowed to go to camp tomorrow and will be quite housebound.

I must make some phone calls, write checks for bills etc.

It's been a busy summer and it will be nice to have a fairly unrushed morning.

Oh yeah, it's crabgrass picking time again and I'm curious about how my red wrigglers are doing in the compost pile. Things are needing a bit of attention around the homestead. Including me.

I read the "Red Tent" again this weekend. I read it last summer. After going through the Pre & Post Natal Fitness training I have a new perspective on the book and it's relevance to women today. It feels like there is a revolution going on about re-claiming womanhood. Seemed like we had to sacrifice some femininity or connection to womanly knowledge to get the vote and equal pay. Women's rights. hmmm? I was a pre-teen waving ERA signs. I still ponder this issue. Is it equal if we have to give up who we are?

So now I have this certification. Now what? What next?