Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Stuff, Hot Chocolate & Dreams


Lover Imparting Stimulation and Affection


Get Your Sexy Name




Stuff has been happening.

Valentine's Day was celebrated with a snow storm. DD had the day off from school and I convinced the DH to stay home from work as all the weather reports were full of ice and snow. Now all the snow is frozen so solid we are walking on top of the six inches that fell.

I got to show my family love by having hot chocolate ready when they came in from shoveling and playing.

It takes about 20 minutes to dress a toddler in full snow gear. DS from top to bottom in hat, scarf, mittens, jacket, snow pants and snow boots. It's a wonder he could walk in all of that fluffy clothing.

The babysitter schedule is changing and I don't want it to. It was working. Unfortunately, her car broke down and now I have to find alternatives. One of them is a part-time daycare program...difficult financially because DH was just "rotated" out of his newsletter editing job. It was a nice bit of extra cash. I'm not ready for a full time job either. I don't want to punch a time clock again....ever. I like being available for my kids when they need me. I like being able to schedule my own time.

Rehearsals have been going well. Except that the show is in two weeks and costumes have yet to be determined. I love this dance group. They are terrific dancers....we just don't focus on the costuming too much...

I should be sleeping but made the mistake of bringing the laptop to bed with me.

Changes are all around me and I am feeling anxiety because I feel that I have no control of these changes.

Some changes I would like to make....like fixing up the downstairs bathroom after living with peeling wallpaper for two years and actually finishing painting my bedroom (another project begun 2 years ago).

Being married is weird and I've been adjusting to a change in feelings. My romantic notions about what marriage is, what I wanted it to be, and the hard cold reality.

I had this dream the other night about being asked to be married. In my dream my DH asked me to marry him. I accepted. Then there was a dark haired man who asked me to marry him and he asked me in front of the DH. DH just stood behind me quietly watching. He put his arms around me and I had to answer the second guy with, "Uh, he asked me first and I said yes. Sorry." It was an uncomfortable pickle to be in having to choose.

And yeah, after 2 years of marriage I would still marry my DH. He has two previous marriage experiences so is very understanding of my bumps and fits about being married. How do you get that sexy back with someone that you know way too much about the personal grooming habits? Sometimes I really miss being single. I miss being able to do my art. There is so much dancing that I would do if I didn't have this family thing....but, my kids are adorable and life is generally good.

The days are filled with much activity. The kids love gymnastics class and playing in the snow. DS has discovered the wonderful world of PBSkids. He likes "Go Diego Go", "Elmo", "Curious George" and "Dragon Tales". He likes to play with his trucks and throw blocks too.

I am also the proud owner of a pilates reformer bench. Let's see if I can reform my body to pre-pregnancy form. I do have that pair of skinny pants looking at me.

I've learned how to cook eggplant to achieve that coveted "nutty" flavor by trying out new recipes for potluck dinners. The attachment parenting group that i am a member of has added a once a month potluck dinner to the social calendar and it's been a fun experience. Finally, I get to see some men besides my husband in a social atmosphere. I miss my "boyfriends".

babble over and out.