Just a lighter shade of Brown
Okay, so I get to brag that I'm in a show too. I'm performing with Raqs La'Majali on March 11th at a groovy cafe in Central New Jersey.
That's me, the very light brown one in the group photo. Morgiana is our lovely and multi-talented hostess.
Easy access from the city by all public transportation. That is a new major catch phrase that has to be added to all event listings. If you don't give people directions to the venue...they won't show up.
Raqs La'Majali has been working together the better part of a year getting choreography ironed out etc. The last couple of months have been twice a week rehearsals that have gone really well. I think we've hit the it's a couple of weeks before a show slump. Everyone's lives are changing, schedules and job opportunities are taking time up.
I feel the need to share that I have grown in this particular group as a dancer. My technical skills have blossomed, now I'm battling with my stage fright and the desire to bring "duende" to a performance that makes it a show.
Why do I want to do this anyway? Sometimes I think I like the process better than the actual performance.


|