Saturday, August 12, 2006

Summer Lovin'

Where has the time gone?

Well, I'll tell ya.

My summer has been full of driving the DH and DS to and fro over the countryside. Life consists of playdates, summer day camp, swimming a visit from Tia! (that's my sister and the kids treat her like she is a rock star) dance rehearsals, a trip to Bodies:In Exhibition, a day at the Jersey Shore, a show and a Birthday celebration.

Birthdayboyssml

Here are the Sandhusen boys. Eric, Uncle Dave and Garrick. Garrick turned two years old and Uncle Dave, he's older this year too. Uncle Dave is sporting the Birthday crown that Izabella made for him and the cake is a Sandcastle bundt cake that is the Sandhusen summer birthday cake. I used it last year too so now it's a tradition.


Somehow, I've managed to get a tan, continue to loose weight with the "Family Health Innitiative" that began in the springtime. Oh yeah, celebrate with me. I can fit into my bikini again and I just got back from the tailor a couple to pants that had to be taken in. Oh yeah. Oh yeah.

AND I've learned about crab grass.

crabby

This is me collapsed in the grass after picking many many many stalks of those little buggers with way too many more to go.

The crab grass has taught me a lesson about crabbiness too. I've learned that taking care of a lawn makes me crabby. I've learned that I don't enjoy taking care of a lawn enough to make it look like a golfing green. I do like to play on the lawn with my kids. Here's a pic of Garrick and me after a tickle tumble and tackle on the lawn.

playlawn2

Picking crab grass by hand has also given DH and I chance to talk about stuff. It's amazing how the repetitive and physical job of plucking crab grass can turn a "hot topic" into a relaxed chat.

We also celebrated our one year anniversary in the house. Here is a photo of the kids playing dressup. You can really appreciate the wallpaper in this photo. I can't wait to get rid of it.

playing dressupsml

Saw a fun show in the Spiegletent called Absinthe with DH and my sister. Here we are out at cool tappas restaurant waiting for our refreshing Mohitos. It was one of the hot and muggy heatwave days that we went into the Southside Seaport to see the show at Pier 17.

Eric&Lisasml

The show was entertaining, cabaret, burlesque variety show. I enjoyed watching some members of the audience mouths open in shock and fright when the female magician started to strip. She did a little hide the napkin slight of hand act. When she revealed where the napkin was hiding she took off an article of clothing ala strip poker. Full nudity prevailed and yeah she hid it there! too.