Spring is Here
Yay, Spring is here. Our first Spring in the new house and we are walking around the yard daily looking to see what has bloomed. We have two crab apple trees that have lovely pink blooms, a bunch of forsythia bushes that blaze yellow and some tree that is budding a kind of citron green.
I wish I could get some photos up here for you. Perhaps the DS (Dear Son) will allow me to use the digital camera. He's 21 months old now and loves all things techie. The more buttons to push the better. Maybe he'll let me use the camera...
Yesterday after the Easter Egg hunt and brunch festivities with the family the DH (Dear Husband) and I had a couple of free moments while the kids napped to do some yard work. Something that we thought would take about half an hour turned into a 4 hour tour.
The project that sucked us in was pruning the dead wood out of some very large very old bushes in the back yard. One bush was so dead that the entire 12 foot of it just pulled out of the ground. DH started strutting around the yard flexing his muscles and grunting feeling quite manly at pulling a bush out of the ground with his bare hands. I think he also enjoyed smacking wood branches with his hatchet.
Looks like Spring and Summer are going to be sucked up by yard work "projects. I've been tearing out old bushes for the last two years between the old house and the new. I want to plant something. Make pretty things grow. Whine. Whine.....


|