So Much Time; So Little to Do
It's been a fun and exciting spring so far. I enjoy the blossoms and feel the new warm energy warming through my body.
The last couple of weeks has involved a big push in organizing the summer. It's scheduling time. The calendar is getting very full and I am working hard on keeping August free so that I can feel a bit of a break from the business of Summer before the business of getting "back to school".
The warm weather brings the added chores of lawn maintenance. I'm not giving up the housecleaning ladies so, for now, I must be the landscaper. But, I admit that as I walk the dreaded pattern of repetitive lawn mowing, I dream of ways to make less lawn to cut. Perhaps a grouping of ornamental grasses over in that corner... If I had a bunch of money dropped on me right now, it would fulfill my landscaping dreams.
Projects inside the home continue and the powder room is going on three years in progress. At least I know what steps are next. Perhaps I'll have it done before my Dad and Niece come to visit this summer.
To catch you up with the news...I've been away from the computer for a while because I've picked up a serving spoon. One of my best girls birthed her baby last week. I was in charge of taking care of her four year old and keeping the house running in a bit of a normal state as it could be with mama birthing upstairs in the bedroom. Little Jasmine has joined us and the spelling of her name is still being debated. She is a tiny delicate potato.
What does a serving spoon have to do with that? Well, I'll tell ya. I cooked - a lot. That day and for days after. If I wasn't cooking, I was delivering pots of food to the newly expanded family. My greatest satisfaction is that the midwives left with full bellies. Man o Man, was it difficult to get them to sit down and eat! Everyone was so excited. They were also a bit surprised at how many people there were in the house. We had a bit of a party while mama was laboring. One of my favorite memories is how excited my kids were. They jumped up and down for joy when I announced that the contractions were starting and that the baby was on the way. Minutes after the birth the entire house was celebrating and the house felt really happy! Brother serenaded me in the kitchen with the happiest harmonica song ever, while I put the finishing touches on a birthday cake.
Barbeque season has officially begun with the celebration of my father in laws birthday and a fabulous mixed grill.
Brother and I experienced our first Letterboxing adventure this week. It was super exciting for me because I had learned about letterboxing when I was pregnant with Sister over nine years ago. Time gets away and I had forgotten about it until someone at Ethical mentioned it. So on Tuesday we had an adventure. It was super fun to follow clues and play in the woods with the three year olds.
The digital camera is not working otherwise I'd have plenty of pics. Seems like there is a run on electronic equipment craping out around here. Two dvd players and the CD player went down in the last month. More stuff for me to manage. and it's time for a new phone. If only I could make a decision about what kind of phone to get. I'm wondering if it would be good for me to be able to check email remotely or not...I'm trying to cut down on my media intake. I can loose hours in front of a computer screen.
What I am looking forward to;
Getting a BellyMamas class up and running. I'm a couple of steps closer to that. I signed some paper that allows for a background check on me. I feel sorry for that person. My life is a bit mundane.
Cleaning my desk...um actually, it's the dining room table. I've spread paperwork all over the table and I'm feeling like it's time to collect the loose papers of my life and get organized.
Oh yeah and teaching more bellydance classes. This is a switch for me. More teaching than performing. I may want to perform a bit again. Not sure where or in what way...but I'm still dreaming of the perfectly buttery yellow costume.
deliriouslly yours, good night.


|