Garden Reflections
This morning as I was watering the seedlings that currently populate my kitchen I had a realization. My gardening is representative of my life pattern.
AND I'm impatient to see the flowers and the fruits from these seedlings.
This year the work in my garden continues to be the cutting down and removal of old overgrown trees and bushes. It leaves bare spots but it's nice to see the sun shinning in new places. The bed that I prepared last Fall is planted with seeds that promise to grow into a cutting flower garden. I desire to see flowers and blossoms all Summer long.
My personal work is similar. I'm doing some serious therapy in a non-traditional way, to cut through the old "dead wood" in my life so that I can live happily in the present. Also, I'm planting many seeds by attending trainings and getting classes started so that I can grow my income as my children grow and I am afforded more time to do those things.
I'm feeling impatient because one of the trainings that I have been waiting for arrived by email notice yesterday and happens to be smack dab in the middle of the busiest time of my Summer. Family has bought plane tickets to hang out up here and I may have to disappear for three days to do this training. I'm torn also because it's during Brothers birthday and I was hoping to create a nice birthday party albeit more low key than last year. But how do I make these choices and how can I get this to work so that I can enjoy the visit from my family and get this training. I feel split in two.


|