Well my friends. To entertain myself and give you a picture of what it's like to travel to the Lower East Side from my little suburban burg. It's pretty easy.
10:00 am - Made it on time to bus. Whoo hoo!
10:38 am - Dang! My favorite hat is still on the bus. (A) train arrived just as I walk to the platform. Cool. Transfer to the (F) train; pretty easy. The two hours at my computer last night obsessing over the subway maps is paying off.
11:30 am - Arrive at venue early. Wish I had my hat. It’s snow/raining and miserably cold out. At least I have my ear muffs. Walked around looking for a store to buy a new hat and didn’t find one. Enjoying hot tea (English Breakfast with Soy Milk) and NYC bagel at a near by coffee house.
Noon – Meeting; meet nice people. Training blah blah; box office blah blah. Yay. I’m not the oldest person in the room. Received a numbered volunteer id badge and a pin that gets me $1 off drinks at the bar. cool.
1:00 pm - Volunteer meeting over. Back down in subway
1:38 pm - poop. Got off train one stop too early
1:50 pm – Missed my bus by five minutes due to earlier mishap. Trying to find another bus that will get me close to home.
2:08 pm – found a bus. Score. Don’t have to sit in terminal for an hour. E will pick me up.
3:15 pm – drive to bus depot to see if my hat has been turned in. it’s not there. I hope that it enjoys it’s new life. I'm going to miss it.
|