A Full Day
It's 21 degrees outside as I write this. My feet are frozen blocks.
I just got in from and RC workshop. It's such a new way of communicating that it is bizarre to me right now. I just noticed that my birthday was framed by communication workshops. Tuesday was a leader training on listening skills and tonight was the first in a 10 week series of Re-evaluation Communication Therapy workshops. It's about unblocking past hurts so that one can be more in the present. RC is about being comfortable with emotions. One of the techniques is discharging of feelings: Laughing, Crying, Yelling, Trembling. Tonight I learned that the Yawn is an emotional discharge. It's the body releasing physical hurt. It's going to take a while for me to wrap my mind around that one.
So, I guess this year for me is going to be the year I become a better communicator. I do confess that I do want to be more present in the moment and that means being an authentic communicator and listener. Trying to get to my truth. Just tryin' to get to my truth.
The actual birthday was full of phone calls and well wishes. My college roommate has always remembered to call on my birthday. It's become a tradition, her call becomes more meaningful each year.
DH and I volunteered at the Frigid for opening night box office. It was fun. It was almost too easy after being a festival organizer. We had a nice dinner at a sushi/noodle cafe of some nice hot soup before hand and enjoyed the two shows that we were able to see.
Box office was very different from the all cash affairs I've been privy too. The confusion over a Rogue Ready Pass pales in comparison to the accounting that we had to do. In addition to ticking off the cash sales the pre-sales needed signatures, pass from "Papering Houses" had to be logged with a certain code and press had a code, industry had passes, industry and press had different kits, and don't forget the artists scribbled guest list and to top it off my first cash client ate the petty cash by handing me a $50 dollar bill. And yes. It was cold. 26 degrees with a cold and gusty wind blowing.


|