Saturday, December 08, 2007

the cruds

the entire family down for the count. we are a bunch of flops on the sofa, struggling with a painful bought of the flu. This is our first family sickness experience. Snowy and cold weather makes it kind of cozy in a twisted way. Some quiet time with the family is nice. It will be nicer still when we all feel better. Sister lamented that I didn't make chicken soup for her. I lamented along with her as it was three days before I could stand the sight of food.

Not being able to move three steps off of the sofa made it quite convenient for me to catch up on a lot of my computer time. That Press Release finally got written, the slide show and web development project got a few steps closer to realization and I shopped. My credit card is smokin'!! All stuff we needed. A new book on Pelvic Floor Manipulations to further develop the Pre-Natal Dance Class and some fancy Silk thermal long johns for the DH. He has to stand out in the cold and dark every morning and evening waiting for the bus that seems to never be on time. His efforts are worth the expense of the silk long johns. Oh yeah and my love of documentaries got fed. Discovery channel junkie. Mythbusters is still a favorite. Why do I enjoy watching geeky people destroy things? Got to relive a rush from childhood. Remember Mr. Rogers Neighborhood? One of my favorite segments was the "How things are made" viewed through the magic picture window. The rhythm of those glass bottles going through the production line gave me a rush when I was five or so. (The family thought I was going to be an engineer. HA!) anyway....Discovery Channel had a three hour parade of "How Things are Made" I learned about how balloons are made, glass bottles, the evolution of book binding are among the most memorable. Watching Bear trek across the Desert with the Berbers was a bit interesting. That rugged guy has a certain charm about him....

tonight I am off to write a little play for the ECS winter festival. My acting crew consists of a rowdy bunch of 7 year olds. If only I had that teacher instinct on how to harness and focus all of that energy! at least I will be prepared with a script.