Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Let the Waters Flow

Still here. Yes, life has been in control of me instead of me in control of it.

The heavy contstruction to shore up the foundation of our house begins tomorrow. Jack hammers and construction workers will be the order of the day.

Turns out that the water table is high where our home is located. All of the new McMansions being built in the neighboring hoods have displaced the water table so now the water wants to run through my home instead of around it like it used to. Let's just say that we will be installing a French Drain Xtreme. It's pretty cool actually in a totally geeky engineering kind of way. Since we can't stop the water we had to find a way to co-exist.

On other fronts the weather has been nice so I've added lawn maintenance to my list of chores. I've discovered that I am a bit of a gadget and powertool head. Of course, I lean towards the "girly" sized power tools. I have to be able to lug around that weed eater edger for a couple of hours you know. Also, I am trying to be as easy on the environment as possible. Organic weed and feed and electric mowers and such. Since I know nothing about grass and plants it's all learning as I go. I do have the system for mowing the lawn. Since I get bored mowing in straight lines I've figured out the ring around the big pine tree circle and the continuous square cut of the side yard. I find something satisfying about cutting that trench between the grass and the sidewalk. Why do I like that line so much?

And drum roll please....I have finished my Artists Way Workshop. Yes, 12 weeks of attending Saturday Artists Way Circles and journaling and answering crazy questions to clear out old blocks to get better in touch with my inner artist.

Along the way, I made the discovery that I was carrying a lot of anger around. Some of it wasn't even mine to begin with. Understanding and letting go of the anger was and is a cathartic process. Learning how to use the positive side of the energy of anger is the next step.

Between the flood and having to let go of and disguard many treasured personal memories this spring time has been incredibly cleansing. Sometimes too dramatically. I kicked and screamed with the best resistance of a three year old tantrum at times. But, this side, the other side of saying that was then this is now feels much lighter.

I'm still cleaning and weeding but now I'm ready for some summer sizzle!