The Concert is Here!

I am breathing a bit of a sigh of relief. The concert happens this weekend and I am out from late nights for a while. At least on this project.
Overall, I rate the experience as a good one. I've learned a lot about how to balance my life so that I can have a life do a little consulting work at home and take care of the daily needs of my family.
The image above is what I designed to advertise the show in the New York Times New Jersey Section. It was part of a coop ad (4 other events) on the back page of the section. Pretty cool placement.
I'm going to bring the DD with me to the concert to volunteer handing out surveys, programs and such. It will be like old Rogue Festival times. She still has her Rogue volunteer badge in her treasure box.
Next on tap is to design a flyer to advertise my new bellydance class. I'm teaching at a local no-frills gym. It is quite an experience. The classroom that I am given is basically the lobby. There are people walking through the classroom all of the time. Most people are pretty polite. Except for the one clueless lady carrying a giant ball; walked right between me and the mirror on the way to her "on-the-ball" class. The dancer horns came out. "How dare she walk between me and the mirror." The sane side of me won out this time and I said nothing.
Then the big NY City premier of this dancer happens with Raqs La'Majali on Dec, 10th. I'll get to perform at a notoriously popular belly dance venue in Lower Manhattan. More on that later.


|