Great Vacation, No Photos
I'm coming out of my post vacation cocoon.
It was sweltering hot in the NO and the last three days have been dreary with rain and wind from that hurricane what's it's name....
Thanks to all in the NO for showing me such a fun time. You reminded me that my wild side is still very much a part of me. What I get to think about now, is how to allow some of my inner wild child some time out on a more regular basis. Once a year is not healthy.
I don't have any photos because the DH was kindly downloading the camera so that I could have an empty card. Well, the camera is still sitting on the computer desk. Oh well. So, anyone have photos to share?
The blogs are a nice way to keep up with peoples day to day. But for me, there is nothing better than face to face conversation.
School starts in a couple of days for the DD. She begins second grade. Then I get to figure out how to balance all of the projects on my plate with a very active toddler at my side. Send in that Nanny stage right! I'll be consumed with writing press releases, promoting a show that hits in November, Raqs La'Majali rehearsals, various mommy meetings, driving DD to soccer practice, art classes and play dates. AND...duh, duh, duh....dealing with the DH who is on serious deadline stress about his thesis. He's already shown a bit of ugly about that. I am clueless about how to avoid more ugly. Perhaps running awa...no....I wouldn't actually do it. Seriously, any tips on how to deal with a partner during thesis crunch is most appreciated.
Big Decision: I've decided to wean the DS down to two nummies a day. He still gets food of course. The time away really solidified for me, that I am done nursing even if he isn't. It has to be a two way street. Both parties have to enjoy it. I'm not enjoying it but don't have the heart to go cold turkey on him. Plus it would physically stress me out too.
DS cried last night wanting to have his middle of the night nummies. He was insulted at the site of a bottle. The screaming continued to crescendo, Mommy said calmly and quite matter of factly that the nummies were sleeping and he could have some in the morning when they woke up. That statement seemed to work. After what seemed about six minutes, he settled down to sleep on top of me. I almost gave in because the crying was so pitiful. I stayed resolute and here we are at the beginning of weaning.


|